Job 23:10 NLT // “And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.”
In the story of Job, we are told about the confusion, hurt and frustration Job felt because of the horrific things God allowed to happen in his life. Job lost his children, his possessions and his health, in his eyes he did nothing wrong to deserve all this pain. Despite the suffering Job endured he responds in Job 23:10 knowing God is in control; He has a purpose for everything and will surely bring him through this fiery test. Job understood that in order to become as pure as gold, God needed to burn off and remove the impurities in his life. The test was not designed to destroy Job, but rather it was a plan to purify Job’s soul and increase his faith in an all-knowing and all-sufficient Creator. The story ends with the Lord blessing Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning, everything he lost is restored.
What lessons can we learn?
· Trust God's loving character. Build that trust and love for God in the good times, so when the bad times come you have a foundation and know who your Maker is.
· Difficult days demand decisions of faith. We as believers are challenged with 2 options: keep believing God’s truth or start believing the enemy lies.
· Every test teaches us to trust God’s sovereign plan that all things work out together for good to those who love Him. Immerse yourself fully in God’s word and trust all His promises, He will never leave us nor forsake us even at our lowest point.
Psalm 56 NLT // “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.”
James 1:3-5 NLT // “For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”
· Pray for God’s guidance, James 1:5-8 tells us to ask God for wisdom during trials, believing he will answer us. However, when we doubt God, we cannot expect to receive anything from Him.
· Asking doubtful questions such as: "Does God still love me?" can hinder His power to help you. We must not only recognise God's goodness during the good times when life is easy, but also pray to God during the bad times, when life is a struggle because he cares for you.
· Our Holy God is Faithful, Loving, Good and Just. There is a reason for every season. In these changing times, we need to stay confident and believe in the unchanging character of God!
James 1:7 NLT // “When you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.”
1 Peter 5:7 NLT // “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you. Our God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think.